How To Win The Job With Perfect Interview Answers
From a candidate’s point of view the perfect interview is one that goes well: the questions are anticipated and answered fully. You get on with the interviewer and create a good rapport. Now comes the moment of truth: Are you really ready for the interview?
If you’ve rehearsed what you’re going to say and know the perfect answer to every potential question, you’re half way there. There’s just one important thing you’ve forgotten: Yourself.
How do you sell yourself and show your potential employer how valuable you can be to their company? You need Perfect Interview Answers to make them hire you TODAY and not even THINK about other applicants.
You know you’re the right person for the job, so how do you make THEM see that? Here are seven easy steps you can take to really make yourself shine during the interview process.
1. First, find out everything you can about the company you’d be working for. Who are its customers? What is its mission statement? How does the job you’d be performing relate to the company’s goals? Finding out this type of information gives you great insights on what kinds of questions to ask your interviewer and shows them that you’ve done your research and already have some background in the company’s business and objectives.
2. Read over the job description carefully. Analyse your own strengths and see how you can tie the two together. If you have previous experience, make note of those times where you helped achieve a specific result. Employers give more serious consideration to applicants who have a background and a track record in their industry than those who do not.
3. First impressions count. It should go without saying that you should arrive 15 minutes prior to the interview, dress appropriately (if not above) the position you’re applying for, greet your interviewer with a firm handshake and maintain eye contact throughout the discussion process. Be enthusiastic, personable and outgoing. Show a sincere interest in the people you meet and the work you’d be doing. Interviewers can tell if you’re desperate!
4. Your Perfect Interview Answers will show that you can solve problems and work well under pressure, since nearly every job will require both skills. If you can identify a particular problem in your industry or that you may face when doing this job, give the interviewer some ideas of how you would solve it. Be calm, relaxed and confident. Some nervousness is expected, but your overall mannerisms (such as fidgeting, nail-biting, slumping in your chair) will be an instant give-away on how well you REALLY work under stress.
Likewise, if you project confidence and security in how you carry yourself, the interviewer will definitely notice boost your confidence with Perfect Interview Answers.
5. If your mind goes blank when asked if you have any questions(and you should ALWAYS have a couple of questions ready), consider asking why this position is open. What’s the company’s track record and turnover rate? Are they performing well and keeping employees on board? Remember, you’re not just selling yourself on how you’d be a great fit for this company, but finding out how this company could also be a great fit for you.
6. If an interviewer asks a question that makes you feel uncomfortable, smile politely and ask, “Why would you like to know?”
Remember, your employer is prohibited from asking you personal questions, including references to your race, gender, sexual preference, marital status and childcare situations.
Your perfect interview answers should be focused on how well you can perform the job, not your home and family life, but remember the possible interviews hidden agenda.
Do You Need Answers to the Top 50 Interview Questions? Here are 2 Free e-books with the Answers
7. After the interview, be sure to follow up with a thank-you note. Recount your strengths in the letter and highlight your qualifications. Touch on specific discussions or conversations you had with the interviewer to help them remember the polished, professional, enthusiastic candidate that you are. Close the note by letting the interviewer know of your sincere interest in the position and your confidence in doing it well.
If you keep all of these suggestions in mind, you’ll not only have seriously impressed your potential employer, but you’ll come away from it feeling like you had the perfect interview answers.
Of course from a hiring manager’s point of view the perfect interview answers identify the best new recruit at the minimum cost – so the most effective way is to structure your questions as above to get the responses you need to build your leadership team.